New films introduced this in film festivals and screenings (sign up for our newsletter to follow their screenings and releases) include:
- I AM by Tom Shadyac
- Gasland (Academy Award nominee)
- Inside Job (Academy Award nominee)
- Waiting for Superman (Academy Award nominee)
- 2012:Time for Change
- Countdown to Zero
- Tapestries of Hope
The movie Harmony on NBC, illustrating the Prince of Wales dedication to environmental efforts and sustainable farming was a milestone in bringing the message to a prime-time audience. Television premieres of films included: No Impact Man, The Cove, The Most Dangerous Man in America and many others.
Environmental film festivals grew considerably, as did the number of film festivals including social action films. These included:
- United Nations Association Film Festival
- Sausalito Film Festival
- International Buddhist Film Festival
- Bioneers Moving Images Festival
- American Renewable Energy Day Film Festival
The AwareGuide top videos for the year are:
- Four Generations of Lakota Wisdom
- The Artist, the Image and the Future
- Food, Climate Change and Hunger - All Connected
- Collaborative Consumption
- Michael Pollan: Organic food a 'good investment'
- Jon Stewart - Moment of Sincerity
- Hawking, Chopra on Larry King
- Success Is Not Out "There"
- PLASTIC STATE OF MIND - Parody with Purpose
- Becoming an Empathic Civilization
Next week we will take a look ahead to what is coming in 2011. It promises to be another busy, exciting year with some highly anticipated releases. Our newsletter is launching this month, so if you have not already signed up for the AwareGuide newsletter click here, to like our Facebook page click here.